THE WHARTON ARMS
The Wharton Arms Hotel has been the local community meeting place since it was built in 1878.
The majestic old landmark building in Skelton High Street has a long history of memories. The Wharton Arms Hotel is also known as Skippers, in remembrance of George & Rhoda Skipper who managed The Wharton Arms from 1944-1972.
In 2020 Julie and Gerhard Pieterse joined the limited group of landlords of the Wharton Arms Hotel. Julie, born locally, and Gerhard originally from South Africa, have been proud residents of Skelton since 2010.
“We are renovating the entire Wharton Arms Hotel. It is a work in progress with a newly installed cellar, ongoing renovations of the bedrooms, outside areas and the function room. It’s a local community hub where friends, families and the locals meet & it will always stay like that!” - Gerhard Pieterse
Amenities & Services
Ha'Penny Tea Room
4 Hotel Bedrooms
Private and secure parking with CCTV
Outside seating deck